Friday, October 24, 2008

About Me

Describe yourself :
Well,I'm a happy-go-lucky person,but I do take things seriously and believe in the concept of "do-your-best-and-will-not-regret"(This is what my parents say everytime when problems cropped up.)
I'm a "middle" child.(I've an older sister and a younger one)
In case you haven't heard,those children who are born in the middle among siblings tend to feel himself/herself as a useless human being ,thus forms my urge to save those people who are living in extreme poverty (after the India Bicultural Trip , i guess).

Define your motivations :
Motivations = Goals?
Well , I hoped to be more global minded and gain more self-confidence in the end of XSP programme.
I find this interesting :
"Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing." - Harriet Braiker
Okey. It's time for us to strive for excellence !

Personality:
I'm not a contender in arguments, seriously. I tend to refrain from participating in arguments(especially those serious ones), one is that because I hate it , second is that it's a waste of time ,thirdly is because it's just souring the relationship. No matter whose fault it is, I will just brush it off with a simple phrase or just walk away without saying anything. I'm kind of lazy in this.
I'm also sensitive , especially those comments that concerns me, I will remember it as long as I could. It's hurtful sometimes , but , well , it's just being myself.
I'm also one of those people who like to be alone sometimes , I think it's because of me living alone about 2 years now,and this is the impact made in me.
Friendly. I prefer to have a whole lot of friends than just a few specific best friends.
Oh yeah , I keep things (failure/unhappiness etc...) to myself. Everytime.
Independent , I guess?

Strengths :
Academically, I prefer Maths and History , although there are huge differences between them.
On the other hand, I'm also a responsible person , making sure that tasks are carried out up to my expectations.
I can say that I'm a motivated person , that is only to the things that I agree on or favour.I will get friends along to complete the job , and have fun in the process.
Perseverence, as I thought it might be a waste of time to do things without finishing it.
Mature? One of the teachers said that before , but I don't know , probably because I'm a year older than most of the Sec 2s.
It's really difficult to examine the level of maturity , eh ?

Weaknesses :

Sensitive. Yes.
Lack of communication -- especially when I'm feeling down and living alone and all that , I just felt that I've changed a lot since 2 years ago. Or is it that I discover a new thing about myself ?

Likes :

Well , I like music - it's just everything to me - I listen to my mp3 player before I sleep and go to school everyday. Sarah Mclachlan, Delta Goodrem , Celine Dion , James Blunt , Westlife , Shania Twain, Kelly Clarkson , and a few oldies (or classical ? Exaggerating.) bands such as ABBA , The Carpenters , Boyzone etc.
However , listening to music and playing music are totally 2 different things.
Photography. Not a professional one , but it's just an interest for me. I will bring my camera to school when necessary (especially post exam period) and take photographs of friends , frozen those happy bits and I'm content with it.
I spend at least 2 hours surfing the net everyday, update myself with the latest news , blogging , find new songs to listen to etc.
I'm not a picky eater.
Love to read Jodi Picoult's and Cecelia Ahern's books.
Mandy Moore's A Walk To Remember and Keira Knightley's Pride and Prejudice are my all time favourite movies.

Dislikes :
Well , I couldn't think of anything , but just one - playing the piano.
Interest can be developed , but do you know that it can be killed too ?
I started learning it when I was 6 .
It's all because of my first piano teacher , she had a weird temper , and ........
Yes. I did what a child can do to save herself from the "blackhole" , but no matter what I do , nobody rescued me. Pity me.
Nevermind though , this 8 years of misery ended 2 years ago .

Interesting about me :
-- I'm born in Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia , and I'm 15 this year (2008) .
-- Speak some Malay language.
-- Hope to learn guitar one day.
-- My parents are teachers , yes , and I've to be a good kid. (Does this even count? )

Lastly , nice meeting all of you here !

2 comments:

  1. hi:D
    You are very different from me, in a good way.
    You are so independent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hihi Jin Yun, guess i'm a rather sensitive person too. But we do have lots of difference. hahas, nice to know you... ^^

    ReplyDelete