Sunday, February 22, 2009

Trip To Cambodia

I heard that photos were shown during the session , but well , I missed it...

Well, personally , I am extremely curious about this trip.
I have always wanted to see it for myself , about their lifestyles and all that.
I watched a documentary called " Sense of Home" last year, one of episodes is based on Cambodia. It is almost similar to India (my personal opinion), the towns weren't that modern yet , at least there is constant supply of food in the market , not forgetting the magnificent Angkor Wat and Tonle Sap , and the hotels are , of course , being hotels. From the documentary , although it wasn't clearly shown , I think the children from rural areas (kampung) weren't educated , most of them can't understand English.
Feelings ?
- Curious
- Looking forward to this trip
{that is if funds for the trip and A-Maths don't affect me much}
- Happy , as we'll have this opportunity to learn outside of school as well as getting personal experience first hand compared to watching a documentary about the children living in those rural areas.

Goals ?
- Hope to be more global-minded
- Experiencing the actual meaning of poverty
- Hope to adapt well in other places besides being in Singapore , basically I'm not that flexible enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment